On behalf of both Deputy Minister Andre Corbould, Alberta Environment and Parks, and Deputy Minister Bill Werry, Alberta Climate Change Office, I am pleased to announce the public release of the Alberta Environment and Parks 2015-16 Annual Report.
The report outlines the ministry’s major initiatives, accomplishments, and financial statements for the 2015-16 fiscal year.
The report contains highlights of ongoing work that supports stewardship of our air, land, water, biodiversity and natural resources. This is reflected in the government’s:
- establishment of the Climate Change Office to implement Alberta’s Climate Leadership Plan;
- continued development of regional plans, with further effort during the past fiscal year to develop the North Saskatchewan Regional Plan, Lower Peace Regional Plan and continue implementation of the Lower Athabasca Regional Plan and South Saskatchewan Regional Plan;
- enhanced protection for the Castle area;
- restoration of parks and recreation areas damaged by the 2013 floods;
- upgrading and modernizing existing Alberta Parks assets;
- commitment to flood mitigation projects including the establishment of the Watershed Resiliency and Restoration Program; and
- continued protection and enhancement of Alberta’s environment and ecosystems to ensure a sustainable future.
I look forward to our continued collaborative efforts focusing on the needs of Albertans and protecting and enhancing Alberta’s natural environment, while ensuring our natural resources are responsibly managed and developed.
Consistent with the Government of Alberta’s Greening Government Strategy, and as part of our commitment to be environmentally and fiscally responsible, I invite you to view the annual report online at aep.alberta.ca under Corporate Documents.
If you wish to receive a hard copy of the annual report, please call our Information Centre at 780-427-2700 or 780-944-0313 (dial 310-0000 for a toll free connection).
Marilea Pattison Perry, M.Sc.
Corporate Performance | Alberta Environment and Parks
Ph: 780.644.1157 / Cell: 780.903.4748 / Fax: 780.422.5136