Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 150,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly enjoyable place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries, excellent benefit packages, municipal pension plan, employee wellness programs and opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Landscape Design Technician to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Parks Design and Development Department. Reporting to the Manager, Parks Design and Development, in this unionized position you will apply your creativity, knowledge and experience in landscape design as it relates to parks design and development.
The Parks Design and Development team is involved in a number of unique and exciting in-house projects. To view some of the completed and current projects click here
• Prepare graphic material, landscape concepts, promotional material, plans and details for a multitude of Parks improvement projects.
• Assist in the administration of landscape construction projects, including contract preparation, field reviews and post construction asset tracking
• Perform landscape design plans, and assist the Manager of Parks Design and Development as required
• Perform related work as required
• Graduation from a two year diploma program in Landscape Design or Landscape Architecture and some directly related experience: or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Knowledge of landscape design principles, practices, and landscape construction, and skill in the use of computer drafting and design software, preferably AutoCad, Sketchup and Adobe Suite
• Experience with digital Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and digital asset tracking is preferred
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Commitment to providing excellent customer service through teamwork, communication and responsiveness
• Two years of directly related experience, preferably with landscape construction is considered an asset
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and may not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 years option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s License and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
Applicants are advised that it is a condition of employment with the Township that a successful candidate provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Note: proof is not required as part of the application process, however, will be required upon consideration for employment.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $34.27 – $40.35 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: June 29, 2022
External closing date for this competition: July 5, 2022
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.