Under supervision of the Land Development Project Manager, this position prepares conceptual and detailed landscaping designs; tender documents, administers contracts and project manages the construction for Saskatoon Land landscaping and other enhancement projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Degree in landscape architecture or related.
• Three years' experience in all phases of landscape architecture, including design, preparation of working drawings and supervising development of urban parks and recreation projects.
• Full Membership, or eligibility for Full Membership to the Saskatchewan Association of Landscape Architects.
• Possession of a valid Class 5 Saskatchewan Driver’s Licence.
• Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
• Knowledge of general land development construction processes.
• Knowledge of landscape design including hardscape elements, plant materials and irrigation.
• Demonstrated experience in the application of City of Saskatoon Park Development Guidelines and Standard Construction Specifications.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Ability to prepare presentations and working drawings for landscape and other enhancement projects.
• Ability to prepare specifications, estimates and reports.
• Ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
• Demonstrated skill in the use of AutoCad.
• Skill in developing grading plans, drainage systems and balanced cut/fill.
• Skill in the operation of a computer with word-processing and spreadsheet software (e.g. Microsoft Office).