WSP is currently seeking a talented and motivated Landscape Designer/Technician to join our Planning Landscape Architecture + Urban Design (PLAUD) studio in Edmonton, Alberta. This opportunity will see you working within a creative, supportive and multi-disciplinary team involved in a wide variety of high-profile landscape architectural projects, including parks and open spaces, streetscapes, urban design, transportation, ecological design and heritage preservation. We are currently working on a diverse portfolio of projects across the province and frequently collaborate with our Calgary, Kelowna, Vancouver, Victoria and Winnipeg PLAUD teams to service all of Western Canada.
Due to the nature of in-person site coordination responsibilities, you must reside, or be willing to relocate to, within the Edmonton commuting area; remote work is not available.
- Assist in providing landscape design work including: detail design services; cost estimating; contract document preparation; tender and contract administration services (including inspection and construction management during project life).
- Preparation of base plans, conceptual designs and construction-level drawings and specifications.
- Development of planting designs and layouts.
- Development of visualizations and graphics.
- Improvement of existing drawing standards and CAD libraries.
- Supporting a variety of WSP Group disciplines within our Alberta offices (primarily civil engineering, planning and transportation) with landscape architectural scope of work on multi-disciplinary projects. This will also include working on a wide variety of project types across multiple provinces.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Technical Diploma and/or a Degree in Landscape Architecture;
- A minimum of 2-4 years of work experience (private consulting environment preferred). A variety of landscape architecture projects in Alberta will be considered an asset; A background in public and/or institutional sectors will also be considered.
- Skills in AutoCAD production, assembly of construction documentation packages, material selection, specifications and cost estimating within a multi-disciplinary environment;
- Solid understanding of project development, design development and contract and proposal preparation is required;
- Strong experience in contract administration and construction coordination will be considered an asset.
- Expertise in Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and other standard software packages;
- Graphic production / 3D rendering capability – Knowledge of SketchUp required, and rendering programs such as Lumion/3DS Max considered an asset;
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle is required, for site/project meetings and inspections.