Wilco Contractors Northwest is an open space site development contractor focusing on construction of parks, sport facilities, as well as environmental, landscape and civil works. Wilco is a leader in delivering complex public projects to its clients across Western Canada
Wilco Contractors NW is looking for an experienced Senior Estimator to join our team. Reporting directly to the Leadership Team, the Senior Estimator will lead the full cycle estimating process through collaboration with the Project Managers. The Senior Estimator will work with the Leadership Team to complete all estimating for Edmonton, Fort McMurray and Interior British Columbia divisions.
- Monitor online tendering data sources, current projects consultants are working on, and annual municipal budgets
- Create, develop and implement project and bid strategies
- Estimating - complete take offs, obtain material and subcontractor pricing, finalize self performed labour, equipment and materials for each estimate
- Prepare and finalize tender packages for submittal
- Technical – utilize skills to interpret construction drawings, specifications, and operate all proprietary and relevant computer software. Adapt to new and innovative technological implementations
Post Estimate Award
- Communicate project budget and submitted schedule with project administrators, superintendents, and foreman
- Assist Project Management; relay project budget and duration information, prepare change orders and monitor trends
- Assist Project Delivery team in reviewing contracts and negotiating contract terms with clients & consultants, as needed
- Prepare sub-contracts, as needed
- Work in conjunction with Project Managers and Surveyors as required
- Assist Project Management with material ordering and delivery scheduling
- Build on existing and create new long-term subcontractor and supplier relationships
- Assist potential clients and consultants with budgetary pricing on future projects
- Manage day-to-day interactions with clients and key project stakeholders, as required
- Manage, build on and maintain positive client relationships
- Mentor junior staff on estimating elements & techniques
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team to develop new initiatives that will strengthen the company’s future and direction.
- Pre and post bid field visits are required.
- Work under pressure to meet tender deadlines.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
Experiences & Qualifications
- MUST have construction (civil and/or landscape) experience including but not limited to:
- Woodwork – timber construction, boardwalks, stairs
- Concrete – grade beams and flatworks
- Shoring and piles
- Civil Engineering Technologist (CET) certificate or P.Eng/E.I.T designation (preferably Civil) from a recognized institution or LAT Certificate
- 10+ of construction experience; minimum 5 years of local experience in a similar role with leadership and management experience
- Experience with estimating software (especially HeavyBid) will be considered an asset.
- Proposal writing
- Experience with PDF editing in BlueBeam or similar software, advanced Microsoft skills
- Strong attention to detail and organization and time management skills
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated & forward thinking
- Eager to learn and adapt, especially in the field of innovative technology integration.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Estimating: 5 years (required)
- drivers license (preferred)
Download Job Attachment