L.A. West is a landscape architectural design firm comprised of Landscape Architects, Senior Design Professionals and Technologists providing landscape architectural services across Western Canada.
With offices in Calgary, Red Deer and Kamloops, L.A. West provides a full range of design and implementation services related to parks and open space, urban streetscapes, commercial, multifamily and recreational sites. L.A. West’s commitment to Landscape Architecture, and to our clients, is to combine responsible site planning with creative design techniques intended to enhance the quality of our natural and built environments.
Our Team is currently seeking candidates for the following positions for both our Calgary and Kamloops locations.
• Intermediate / Senior Landscape Architect
• Intermediate / Senior Landscape Architectural Technologist / Designer
Intermediate / Senior Landscape Architect
Candidates for consideration shall have a minimum of 5 – 10 years of experience in the Landscape Architectural Industry with a strong understanding of the design, approvals and implementation process. The ability to produce high quality, accurate construction drawings, contract documents including field experience, a strong work ethic and positive attitude will be an asset.
• Professional Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited university;
• Member (or eligibility for membership) with the Alberta Association of Landscape Architects (AALA) and/or the British Columbia Society of Landscape Architects (BCSLA)
• Minimum 5 – 10 years of related experience
• Ability to prepare/assist with proposals in response to RFPs
• Clear understanding of project development, design development and contract preparation and administration
• Undertaking, as well as overseeing, the production of conceptual plans, detailed design / construction drawings, and preparation of contract documents
• Experience managing clients & administering projects to meet client objectives, project milestones and project deliverables.
• Experience / participation in client meetings, public consultations, presentations and site inspections
• Expertise / competency with Industry software (AutoCAD, MS Office and other standard software applications
• Graphic production / 3D rendering capability using graphic programs such as SketchUp and Lumion/3DS Max considered an asset
• A valid driver’s license and vehicle required for site/project meetings and inspections.
Intermediate/Senior Landscape Architectural Technologist
Candidates for consideration shall have a minimum 3-5 years of working experience. The successful candidate will have a diploma in Landscape Architectural Technology from an accredited institution and be able to present a portfolio of projects demonstrating strong graphic and design understanding, and equally strong technical and communication skills.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and/or Illustrator and MS Office software
• Demonstrate solid background and understanding of landscape design and construction principles and standard specifications
• Solid foundation in the production and preparation of:
o base maps, concepts and graphic representations (2D/3D)
o construction drawings, contract documents and specifications
o accurate schedule of quantities, cost estimates and opinions of probable costs
o field review / site inspections / change orders
o review and processing of contractor progress invoices related to construction completion
• Irrigation design / credentials as a Certified Irrigation Designer would be an asset
• A valid driver’s license and vehicle is required for site/project meetings and inspections
For both positions, salaries and benefits are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
With your application, please include in .pdf format:
• Resume / CV
• Examples of past work experience / portfolio
Application can be submitted to Scott Wright at: email@example.com
Please include the position you are applying for and the desired location in the subject line of your email. No phone inquiries please. Only those applicants selected will be contacted for an interview. Thank you in advance for your interest in L.A. West.