HTFC Planning & Design is a Winnipeg-owned landscape architecture and planning firm. We are a
dynamic group of professionals with expertise in landscape architecture, urban design, community
planning and land and resource management. The firm has been in business since 1969 and now has
offices in Winnipeg and Saskatoon.
We offer a collaborative and supportive environment, a strong portfolio of projects and expertise, and
longstanding client relationships in the prairies, boreal forest, arctic regions and beyond.
We are a looking to hire a Senior Landscape Architect with significant project management experience.
This individual will work closely with the Principals and staff in our Winnipeg office and lead detailed
design projects from inception to completion.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
• Seven or more years as a fully registered landscape architect (minimum five years)
• Exceptional design skills and technical knowledge
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Experience leading interdisciplinary construction projects with a value over $1 million
• Experience acting as prime consultant
• Experience developing specifications, tender documents and contracts
• Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver presentations, with strong graphics and hand illustration skills
• A thorough working knowledge of computer aided design and graphic software including a familiarity with VectorWorks or AutoCAD.
• Desire to take part in finding creative solutions that are environmentally responsible and technically sound
For this core member of our team, we are seeking a well-rounded professional landscape architect
capable of independently managing a design project from pre-design to project close. Candidates
should also have a robust understanding of construction processes.
Additional assets include:
• Familiarity with PowerCADD software
• Expertise with Macintosh-based software
• Professional license in other provinces and other accreditations
• Project Management Certificate and/or Public Engagement Certification
• A valid driver's license for site/project meetings and inspections
HTFC offers a broad range of projects, a friendly work environment, competitive salary and an
exceptional benefits package that formally supports professional development.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please send digital copies of your cover letter/letter of interest, resume and a
sample portfolio of work with construction documents or link to online portfolios to the attention of
email@example.com. We thank all candidates who apply but will only contact those selected for an interview.