WSP is currently seeking a Project Manager for our Landscape Architecture group in our Edmonton office. Reporting to the Manager, Landscape Architecture, the successful candidate will work within a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team for completion of planning and conceptual design through to construction administration services for a wide variety of landscape architectural projects in the private, public and institutional sectors, often in cooperation with our established LA teams in both Calgary and Kelowna.
- Ability to meet with current and potential clients and develop business leads within Edmonton and other municipalities across northern Alberta;
- Manage and work on projects within the broad scope of landscape architectural practice including master planning, landscape concept and detail design development, construction detailing, urban design, preparation of schematic illustrations and presentation of design work to our clients, the public, and project stakeholder groups;
- Provide cost estimating, detail design services, contract document preparation, tender and contract administration services including inspection and construction management for total project involvement; and
- Support a variety of WSP Group disciplines within our northern Alberta offices, primarily civil engineering, planning and transportation, with landscape architectural scope of work on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Degree in Landscape Architecture (BLA or MLA) or a similar certification. Candidates with a Diploma in Landscape Architectural Technology (LAT) will also be considered;
- 7+ years of work experience in a consulting environment. A background in public and/or institutional sectors will also be considered;
- Membership (or eligibility for membership) with the Alberta Association of Landscape Architects (AALA) and/or British Columbia Society of Landscape Architects (BCSLA) is preferred;
- An established network of contacts and clients in Edmonton and/or northern Alberta would be desirable;
- Solid knowledge of local landscape conditions, drawings and construction standards is preferable;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and vehicle are required; mileage will be compensated;
- Significant experience in construction management, production of contract documents, and the contract administration process. Field experience is essential;
- Enthusiastic individual with the ability to work as part of a team, a strong desire to take part in finding creative solutions that are environmentally responsible and technically sound;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate and communicate with various professional disciplines;
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines;
- Understanding of project development, design development and contract and proposal preparation;
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Google Sketch-Up is important. Hand drawing skills are considered a strong asset;
- Well rounded presentation and communication skills are a necessity; and
- Superb time management skills and high level of attention to detail to ensure that work is done correctly and thoroughly.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Please apply to the below link if you are interested in this position:
Download Job Attachment