WSP is currently seeking a Landscape Technician to join our Planning, Landscape Architecture, and Urban Design team, located at our Edmonton office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for completion of planning and conceptual design through to construction administration services for a wide variety of landscape architectural projects in the private, public and institutional sectors.
- Preparation of conceptual, detail design and construction-level digital drawings, including cost estimating;
- Provide cost estimating, detail design services, contract document preparation, tender and contract administration services including inspection and construction management for total project involvement;
- Coordination with clients, consultants and contractors on production and design-related issues; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma in Landscape Architectural Technology or University Degree in Landscape Architecture or combination of related education and experience;
- 5+ years of work experience in a consulting environment. A background in public and/or institutional sectors will also be considered;
- Enthusiastic individual with the ability to work as part of a team, a strong desire to take part in finding creative solutions that are environmentally responsible and technically sound;
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and vehicle are required; mileage will be compensated;
- Significant experience in construction management, production of contract documents, and the contract administration process.Field experience is essential;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional attitude and ability to coordinate and communicate with clients, contractors and various professional disciplines;
- Solid knowledge of local landscape conditions, drawings and construction standards is preferable; and
- Experience with AutoCAD, Word and Excel are required.Experience with PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite and Google Sketch-Up, as well as hand-drawing skills, will be considered as strong assets.