WSP is currently seeking a Landscape Technician to join our Planning, Landscape Architecture, and Urban Design, located at our Kelowna office. Reporting to the Director this position will be responsible for collaborating with a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team in the completion of planning and conceptual design through to detailed design and construction administration services for a wide variety of landscape architectural and master planning projects in the private, public and institutional sectors.
- Preparation of conceptual design and construction-level digital drawings and specifications, including cost estimating;
- Development of meeting minutes and presentations;
- Proposal coordination and business development materials;
- Coordination with project managers and other office staff on production and design-related issues; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma in Landscape Architectural Technology or University Degree in Landscape Architecture or combination of related education and experience;
- 1+ year of work experience in a consulting environment. A background in public and/or institutional sectors will also be considered;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license is required;
- Experience in, production of design and presentation drawings and contract documents is essential. . Field experience is considered an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional attitude and ability to coordinate and communicate with clients, contractors and various professional disciplines;
- Knowledge of local landscape conditions, drawings and construction standards is preferable; and
- Experience with AutoCAD, Google Sketch-up, Word and Excel are required. Experience with PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, as well as hand-drawing skills, will be considered as strong assets.
Download Job Attachment