Program Manager, Open Space Infrastructure Delivery
Job Number : 33382
Listen to this brief interview with Andrew Kwan, General Supervisor, as he gives you added insight into Open Spaces at the City of Edmonton.
“Parks and open spaces are vital to a community’s health. These spaces provide places for people to play, gather, grow food, learn about nature and celebrate. Citizens share these spaces with wildlife and plants. These spaces are also part of the city’s infrastructure network.”
Breathe & Ribbon of green - A city initiative, innovation & strategy.
As the City of Edmonton grows to 2.1 million by 2050, we are looking to continually build, re-vitalize and innovate our open spaces and we are looking for strong Program Managers to help us deliver Open Space projects throughout the City including parks, playgrounds, trails, and sports fields.
Projects that are groundbreaking, state of the art, innovative, enriching and inclusive.
Projects that make people stop and take it all in, projects that bring us together, projects for the Edmonton community to experience for years to come.
Working in an integrated business model, the Program Manager for Open Space Infrastructure Delivery is accountable for:
- Delivering a program of work on time, on budget and within scope
- Managing, planning, organizing and leading the work of a specified team of Project Managers and Coordinators ensuring alignment with overall departmental, branch and section objectives
- Managing, leading, mentoring and providing direction to Project Managers and Project Coordinators
- Collaborating with other Program Managers and General Supervisors in the section to complete sectional, branch and departmental initiatives
- Performing the role of Project Manager on assigned major projects
- Championing the use and implementation of project management systems, procedures and best practices
- Establish, demonstrate and hold others accountable to the values of the Department, Branch and Section
- Mentor and coach staff in a manner that fosters a culture of growth, trust, development and continuous improvement
- Empower project managers and ensure they have the competencies, tools, and equipment required for them to successfully perform their roles
- Monitor engagement of staff and implement actions plans as necessary
- Develop and implement staff performance development and management plans
- Ensure the project abides by any applicable City of Edmonton Occupational Health and Safety
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in a related field such as Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Business, or Project Management
- 8 years progressively responsible team and program/project management experience with a Degree
- 10 years progressively responsible team and program/project management experience with a Diploma
- Demonstrated experience leading Project Managers and multi-disciplinary teams in the delivery of projects
- Strong program/project management skills including an understanding of project management methods and techniques (PMBOK best practices)
- Familiarity with contract management including selection process, claims management and performance evaluation
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills with experience in solving complex and sensitive issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including report writing and presenting
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to develop strong, strategic, relationships and deliver work in a collaborative, integrated manner
- Experience managing and working with external consultants
- Ability and willingness to delegate and empower others
Why work at the city of Edmonton? Click on the link “What We Offer”
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Up to 1 permanent full-time position
Hours of Work: 36.9 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Salary: $84,597 - $120,852 (Annually)
Recruitment Consultant: OP/VL
To Apply: https://recruitment.edmonton.ca/job/CITYA000C2306/Program-Manager-Open-Space-Infrastructure-Delivery