Senior Landscape Architect
O2 Planning + Design is seeking a Senior Landscape Architect to join our Calgary-based team to provide senior technical oversight and contract management of the firm’s constructed projects. Working collaboratively with landscape architects and urban designers, the successful candidate will have an unwavering desire to successfully deliver the firm’s constructed work.
O2 believes that great landscape architecture and urban design blends planning, design, ecology, engineering and green infrastructure to create functional, attractive places that showcase sustainability, livability and economic vitality. We create memorable and sustainable design solutions for urban spaces; ranging from plazas, streets and neighbourhoods, to precincts and citywide systems.
- Provide senior technical oversight and direction for landscape architectural projects, leading the development of:
- Construction drawings and specifications
- Tender and contract documentation
- Construction administration procedures
- Drawing and specification standards
- Materials and product research
- Best practices for cost and quality control
- Direct support team to ensure projects are on-time and on-budget.
- Coordination with government, consultants, clients.
Skills, qualifications + experience
- Ten+ years of relevant experience
- A degree in Landscape Architecture or related study area
- Membership or eligibility for membership with the Alberta Association of Landscape Architects (AALA)
- Expert proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency with Land F/X, Rhino, Autodesk Civil 3D, Sketchup and Adobe Suite is considered an asset
- Written and verbal skills in English is required
- Strong organization skills
- Knowledge of hard and soft landscape technical detailing
- Expert knowledge in assembling contract document packages
This is a deadline-driven, hands-on, full-time salaried position. O2 offers comprehensive and competitive employee benefits.
How to apply
Please send your cover letter, CV and portfolio sample via email with “Senior Landscape Architect” in the subject line to Trevor Davison at email@example.com
Download Job Attachment