Under the supervision of the Design and Development Manager, prepare design and development plans for sites and facilities, including the compilation of relevant pre-design information, consultation and engagement with stakeholders and other professionals, preparation of detailed plans and drawings, advise on implementation, review and supervise construction, and the evaluation and reporting on projects.
Under the supervision of the Design and Development Manager:
- record pertinent existing site conditions and conduct field investigations and visual analysis;
- assemble site information such as maps, aerial photographs, survey plans, legal descriptions, and building standards or requirements imposed by law or regulation;
- assemble product, material and supplier information;
- develop detailed AutoCAD base plans including existing features, contours, facilities, plant materials, and utilities;
- assist with ongoing data collection relating to trails, amenities and other assets;
- develop and update signage including wayfinding, regulatory and interpretive signs;
- assist with the development of preliminary design alternatives for proposed developments;
- assist with report writing and develop documents including Terms of Reference, planning documents and meeting notes;
- prepare a variety of planning and design drawings, maps, graphic materials, presentations and sketches;
- plan public consultations on proposed projects and assist with presentations to stakeholders and decision makers;
- assist with submission of projects for regulatory approvals and grant applications;
- maintain, modify and upgrade computerized design and geographic information systems software and databases;
- contribute to the on-going operation of websites – particularly with regard to design and construction department projects;
- prepare quantity take-offs and cost estimates;
- assist with tendering, project management and contract administration of construction projects including the coordination and management of project consultants;
- update existing hard copy and electronic plans;
- prepare landscape construction details and specifications for proposed developments;
- work with donations and fundraising staff to meet the needs of ongoing donor programs and fundraising initiatives;
- work in conjunction with Meewasin resource management, construction and horticultural staff on in-house projects and initiatives, including plant and nursery inventories;
- assist with volunteer/stewardship initiatives including restoration and development projects;
may be called upon to post development review sites, and surrounding neighbourhoods, with notices of upcoming public hearings related to development applications;
maintain design drawings, graphic work, and map files in an organized and indexed manner; and
other related duties as assigned.
Completion of a technical diploma in landscape design, relevant university degree or proven equivalent experience.
At least three years of experience related to design of public open-space development in the public or private sector.
A working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop, GPS equipment and ESRI mapping systems.
Familiarity with native plants and plant communities in this region would be desirable.
Well developed written, oral and graphic communication skills.
A valid driver's license is required.
The ability to perform strenuous manual tasks if required in the field.
Please see our website www.meewasin.com/jobs for the full job description.
Download Job Attachment