McElhanney is growing and has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Landscape Architect to join our team in Edmonton. The Landscape Architect is responsible for providing landscape architecture services to our clients, understanding the marketplace, pursuing project opportunities, developing new business and collaborating with our planning and engineering groups to provide complementary services on their projects. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent leadership, technical proficiency and project management.
- Prepare and execute plans, designs, calculations and cost estimates, of a moderate to complex scope and complexity, using a combination of experience and standard landscape architect practices, procedures and problem-solving techniques.
- Collaborate with senior landscape architects on complex designs, plans, calculations and surveys.
- In collaboration with Division and/or Branch Manager, prepare proposals, develop clients and establish project work for the Branch.
- Communicate with clients and colleagues regarding projects. Investigate design and construction conflicts, discuss solutions with the Division or Branch Manager and implement solutions. Provide site administration services on landscape architecture projects, which may require travel as appropriate.
- Develop unique landscape architectural specifications, techniques or modifications to concepts and/or product techniques and materials and make recommendations to Division or Branch Manager for implementation.
- Provide technical guidance to landscape architects, engineers, landscape architectural technologists and other staff assigned to common projects. Coordinate work schedules to ensure timely completion of projects and efficient use of resources from concept through construction.
- Manage and deliver projects, with a focus on client care, budget and schedule.
- Analyze markets to capitalize on opportunities, develop new business and liaise with key clients, agency representatives and partners.
- A degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program.
- Full membership or the ability to obtain immediate full membership with the AALA/CSLA.
- A minimum of five (5) years of Western Canada based practice experience in the field of Landscape Architecture.
- A portfolio that illustrates the diversity of work completed as a Landscape Architect and their abilities with respect to planning, design, implementation and project management.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer experience (CAD, Word, Excel, Photoshop).
- Proven track record of client and business development.
- Preference given to candidates who have completed the Landscape Architecture Registration Exam (LARE) and those with LEED Accreditation.
Benefits of Working for McElhanney
Our firm maintains an entrepreneurial spirit. Our consistent growth has resulted in shareholders benefiting through healthy returns on their investment. We are inviting candidates to take advantage of this unique opportunity to become a business owner, without the assumption of high personal risk. Our shareholders have benefited from both share value increases and dividends that are in the top 10% of the North American market, unmatched by publicly traded firms. Other benefits of working for McElhanney include:
- Locally based office with strong community ties and positive working environment
- We are a winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, managed by technical professionals
- Full benefits package, competitive salary, annual bonus eligibility and shareholding potential
- A 100% employee-owned company, with an assortment of company-sponsored professional development opportunities
If this is the opportunity for you, visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Download Job Attachment