We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it’s an urban park, a commercial plaza, a downtown streetscape or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we’re part of the community too and we care about the places where we live—just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Our Edmonton, AB. office has an opportunity for a Senior Landscape Architect within our Community Development practice. This is a leadership position with responsibility for design excellence, overseeing a variety of projects, client development and maintenance, and staff oversight and mentoring. The successful candidate will have a lead role in both public and private projects and will assist with the growth of our design practice.
This position will provide the opportunity to participate in and be an important part of a North American practice with over 250 Landscape Architects in numerous offices.
- Lead design, assist with detailing and oversee production of working drawings;
- Integrate sustainable practices in design;
- Present designs and strategically position projects in the best interest of our clients;
- Manage complex projects and provide design leadership on public and private projects;
- Steward creative thinking and resilient design practices balanced with a solid business approach;
- Identify opportunities for growth and strengthen the existing client base; and
- Play a key role in maintaining and growing the design reputation of the Landscape Architecture and local Community Development Team.
- Mentor others and guide the activities of other landscape architecture urban design staff on a daily basis to further professional development and improvement of services to our clients
- Assist our leadership in creating a more cohesive and collaborative network of urban design professionals firm-wide.
- Being seen, heard and read is a key goal of our practice. You will work with our communications group to identify opportunities for articles and papers and prepare topics for development and release.
- Undergraduate or Master’s Degree from an accredited Landscape Architectural program is required;
- Membership or eligibility for membership in the Alberta Association of Landscape Architects;
- 8+ years of fulltime experience in a professional office setting working for fast paced and detail oriented clients, including 3 years supervisory experience;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint), AutoCAD, and Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign) are required;
Should possess a desire for quality design and the ability to detail and document their ideas;
- Knowledge and experience in project management;
- Proven leadership and team building;
- Experience managing staff, client relations and complex projects;
- Excellent oral, written, and graphic communication skills. Ability to present ideas and lead strategic discussions is a must; and
- Proven ability to turn design into working drawing and execute their implementation onsite.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume through our website: http://stantec.com/designyourcareer and enter job number 32227 into the search bar