O2 Planning + Design is seeking a Landscape Architect to join our Calgary-based team. Working collaboratively with other landscape architects, urban + regional planners and engagement specialists, the successful candidate will have an unwavering desire to raise the bar and innovate.
O2 believes that great landscape architecture and urban design blends planning, design, ecology, engineering and green infrastructure to create functional, attractive places that showcase sustainability, livability and economic vitality. We create memorable and sustainable design solutions for urban spaces ranging from plazas, streets and neighbourhoods, to precincts and citywide systems.
From broad-scale planning to fine-scale detailed site design, O2’s interdisciplinary approach to landscape architecture and urban design starts with a deep understanding of natural and cultural systems and focuses on integrating environmental processes with man-made interventions to strengthen connections.
- Provide project support for landscape architectural design projects — responsibilities include planning project timelines, fee schedules and deliverables, managing assigned staff, sub-consultant coordination and client liaison
- Complete or contribute to conceptual design including presentation graphics (hand drawn and computerized renderings)
- Develop cost estimates by researching product prices, alternative products and by making quantity take-offs using AutoCAD
- Produce specifications
- Perform construction administration requirements including:
· Field Inspections and construction reviews
· Issue change notices including required drawings and specifications
· Issue field and meeting minutes as required
- Participate in research and development of the company’s landscape architectural design capability
- Perform quality control reviews for landscape architectural design projects
- Five+ years of relevant experience
- A degree (Master of preferred) in Landscape Architecture related study area
- Full member of or eligibility for full membership with the Alberta Association of Landscape Architects (AALA)
- Proficiency in computer aided drafting (AutoCAD drawings), computer rendering, construction administration, site analysis and data collection
- Excellent report writing and strong communication and networking skills
This is a deadline-driven, hands-on, full-time salaried position. O2 offers comprehensive and competitive employee benefits.
Please send your cover letter, CV and portfolio sample via email with “Landscape Architect” in the subject line to Trevor Davison at firstname.lastname@example.org