SpruceLab Inc. is a transdisciplinary planning and landscape
architecture consultancy based in Toronto, Ontario and opening an office in Edmonton, Alberta. We specialize in regenerative nature-based solutions and engagement to create resilient, healthy places and communities, and we strive to prioritize Indigenous voices in this work. This social enterprise is woman-owned and operated and soon to be Indigenous-owned and operated. SpruceLab was founded in 2020 and builds on over 28 years of professional experience by Principal Sheila Boudreau.
SpruceLab Inc. believes in creating meaningful places and a climate-resilient world through engaging and regenerative design, grounded in caring, responsibility, and building long-term relationships and capacity in others.
SpruceLab Inc. prioritizes Indigenous Peoples in our work wherever possible, and collaborates with Indigenous partners and communities. Our team has had Indigenous cultural awareness training (including Fundamentals of OCAP®) to respect First Nations’ Knowledges and information, and to further
relationships and reconciliation.
We are currently looking for a Landscape Architectural Technologist who can assist SpruceLab on a part-time basis with construction documentation drawings. Candidates should either be skilled in, or willing to quickly learn, Vectorworks as the primary drawing pragram, as needed.
If you are interested in meaningful and impactful work, are passionate, responsible, self-motivated and meet the following requirements, we want to hear from you!
• Primarily, assisting the SpruceLab team with construction documentation drawings (Ex: grading, planting design, materials plan, etc)
• Willing to take on other tasks if the need arises. This will vary depending on the projects underway
• Working hours will be part-time and will vary according to project needs
• Compensation will vary according to experience
• Completed an LAT program at a recognized institution, or equivalent experience
• Can work alone or with the team, as needed, to complete tasks on time and on budget
• Willing to work fast-paced when the need arises
• Can communicate clearly, both visually, orally and in writing
• You know Vectorworks or are willing to learn Vectorworks swiftly, including through self-teaching
• You are creative, self-motivated, and want to make a positive impact in the world around you
• You have qualities of leadership, responsibility, integrity and thoughtfulness
Interested candidates should contact Tiffany Adair at email@example.com with a resume/CV and cover letter, or with questions about the position. We look forward to hearing from you!