WSP is seeking a creative Intermediate Landscape Architectural Technologist with foundational technical skills and enthusiasm for Landscape Architecture. If you are looking to grow your career, take on more responsibility and have multifaceted project experience with very competitive compensation then this is a great opportunity for you. With highly experienced intermediate and senior staff and a broad network of support nationally you will be exposed to plenty of mentorship and training opportunities.
This position is based in Edmonton. Although a global company, we are a relationship driven business that focuses on a work life balance – a key factor in our hybrid work environment.
We serve the private, public, and institutional sectors on a wide range of projects across Canada with a focus on environmentally responsible, socially conscious high-quality design. You will be involved in a wide range of projects, from small to large scales, with exposure through from conceptual design to contract administration. Our areas of focus include urban revitalization, master planning, urban and regional parks, public spaces and plazas, complete streets, multi-use trails, transit facilities, infrastructure, commercial, institutional, land development and ecologically based landscapes. You bring a curious mindset and thoughtful, collaborative approach to design.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Working closely with intermediate and senior Landscape Architects, Designers and Technologists.
- Assist in providing landscape design work including: detail design services; cost estimating; contract document preparation; tender and contract administration services (including inspection and construction management during project life)
- Preparation of base plans, conceptual designs and construction-level drawings and specifications.
- Development of planting designs and layouts.
- Development of visualizations and graphics.
- Close collaboration with multidisciplinary teams on a wide range of project types.
- Participate and contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning opportunities.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- A Diploma as a Landscape Architectural Technologist or similar relevant education.
- 3-5+ years of professional experience working in Landscape Architecture.
- Skills in AutoCAD production is required, knowledge of the assembly of construction documentation packages, material selection, specifications and cost estimating within a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Expertise in Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and other standard software packages.
- Keen understanding of the technical execution of a detail drawing set.
- Excellent written, verbal communications skills and growing interpersonal skills with the ability to coordinate and communicate with various professional disciplines.
- Preliminary experience in construction management support, production of contract documents, and supporting the contract administration process is preferred. Field experience is an asset.
- Foundational organizational skills with the ability to work independently as well as work closely with team members on multiple project tasks.
- An enthusiastic and collaborative mindset with a desire to work in a team setting to find creative solutions that are technically sound.
- A valid driver’s license to conduct site reviews and attend client meetings.
The following qualifications are strongly desired:
- Membership in the AALA or reciprocity eligible.
- Experience on a variety of landscape architecture projects in Alberta will be considered an asset.
- Strong experience in contract administration and construction coordination will be considered an asset.
- Background in public and/or institutional sectors will also be considered an asset
- Supporting project coordination / project management experience is an asset.
- Experience in supporting the preparation of specifications is an asset.
- Proficiency in MicroStation, Civil3D, SketchUp, Revit, Rhino and GIS are assets.
- ISA Certification is an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken French is an asset
We request applicants submit a RESUME AND PORTFOLIO (PDF or website link) highlighting relevant work experience. Please limit PDF files to 10MB
Click here to see the listing on the WSP website