WSP is seeking a creative Intermediate Landscape Architect/Project Manager with strong project experience, and passion for landscape and urban design. If you are looking to advance your career growth, take on more responsibility and project management tasks with very competitive compensation then this is a great opportunity for you. With highly experienced senior staff and a broad network of support nationally you will be exposed to plenty of mentorship and training opportunities.
This position is based in Edmonton. Although a global company, we are a relationship driven business that focuses on a work life balance – a key factor in our hybrid work environment.
We serve the private, public, and institutional sectors on a wide range of projects across Canada with a focus on environmentally responsible, socially conscious high-quality design. You will be contributing to a wide range of projects, from small to large scales and will be involved from concept through contract administration. Our areas of focus include urban revitalization, master planning, urban and regional parks, public spaces and plazas, complete streets, multi-use trails, transit facilities, infrastructure, commercial, institutional, land development and ecologically based landscapes. You bring a curious mindset and thoughtful, collaborative approach to design.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Working closely with junior and senior Landscape Architects, Designers and Technologists;
- Close collaboration with multidisciplinary teams on a wide range of project types;
- Client liaison and relationship building;
- Effectively develop and communicate different design ideas and provide design and technical critique;
- Report writing, proposal and presentation preparation;
- Provide cost estimating, detail design services, contract document preparation, tender and contract administration services including inspection and construction management for total project involvement;
- Manage and work on projects within the broad scope of landscape architectural practice including master planning, landscape concept and detail design development, construction detailing, urban design, preparation of schematic illustrations and presentation of design work to our clients, the public, and project stakeholder groups;
- Ability to meet with current and potential clients and develop business leads within Edmonton and other municipalities across northern Alberta;
- Participate and contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning opportunities.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- A Degree or Diploma in Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, or similar relevant education;
- 5-7+ years of professional experience working in Landscape Architecture / Urban Design;
- Keen understanding of regulatory frameworks, project development, and implementation;
- Excellent written, verbal communications skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to coordinate and communicate with various professional disciplines;
- Significant experience in construction management, production of contract documents, and the contract administration process. Field experience is essential;
- Strong technical skills including proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently and oversee junior team members on multiple project tasks;
- An enthusiastic and collaborative mindset with a desire to find creative solutions that are technically sound;
- A valid driver’s license to conduct site reviews and attend client meetings.
The following qualifications are strongly desired:
- Membership in the AALA (stamp preferred), or reciprocity eligible;
- Project coordination / project management experience;
- Design Build / P3 project experience is an asset;
- Experience in preparing specifications is an asset;
- Proficiency in MicroStation, Civil3D, SketchUp, Revit, Rhino and GIS are assets;
- ISA Certification is an asset; and
- Fluency in written and spoken French is an asset.
We request applicants submit a RESUME AND PORTFOLIO (PDF or website link) highlighting relevant work experience. Please limit PDF files to 10MB.
Click here to see the listing on the WSP website